We hope that all of the tour participants are getting excited for an amazing tour with eduSTAR. It is important that everyone packs appropriately for your tour. While we can’t pack for you and everyone is different, we can certainly help. Listed below are some suggestions.
Prior to Packing
- If your group is flying, it is important that you learn the rules for packing suitcases and carry-ons. Visit www.tsa.gov.
- While the weather always changes, it is always helpful to check the weather. Visit www.weather.com.
- Comfortable walking shoes or sneakers. Flip-flops will not be comfortable with all of your walking.
- Shirts (short and long-sleeved).
- Socks and underwear.
- Bathing suit (if applicable).
- If you will have a special night, dressier clothing and shoes. Often for awards ceremonies. No need to wear formal clothing for Broadway shows. Neat and casual dressing works.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Soap/shampoo/conditioner (often supplied by Hotel).
- Contact lenses (always bring extra)/glasses.
- Medicine (May be handled by the Group Leader).
- Unless it is otherwise noted in your Registration Form, breakfasts and dinners are included in your package.
- Travelers will need money for lunches (unless included), spending money and souvenirs.
- A great approach is to provide for students are prepaid cards. This can help you control your spending.
- iPod style music, headset and charger.
- Cell phones and charger.
- DVDs for the bus ride.
- If traveling by air or your group is traveling to Canada, participants must bring Passports. Driver’s License, Birth Certificate or school I.D. with a photo.
- A copy of the eduSTAR itinerary.
- A list of important phone numbers of students, parents and chaperones.
- No matter how you are traveling, remember the larger pieces of luggage will be stored. It is important to bring a small backpack.
- You should bring in your backpack anything you will need for the transportation to the destination and while on tour, including electronics, money, medicine and change of clothes.
- If traveling by air, remember that all toiletries must be in a visible zip-lock bag.